Maryland Boat Bill of Sale Form
Maryland boat bill of sale is a document used to not only make a deal but also prove the current ownership of a vessel. It may be required by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
Maryland bill of sale forms – visit to get more Maryland-related bill of sale forms that you might need.
Do You Need to Have a Bill of Sale to Register a Boat in Maryland?
To register a boat that you have purchased, you will need to provide a bill of sale template in certain cases, including the following:
- For a vessel currently titled in the state
- For a new vessel if the Certificate of Origin does not contain some essential info, such as the buyer’s name, price, date of sale, and signatures of both parties
- For a vessel purchased via the Internet if it is longer than 12 feet and the Certificate of Origin does not contain some essential info, such as the buyer’s name, price, date of sale, and signatures of both parties
- For a used vessel registered in a title state if the buyer’s name, date of sale, and price are missing from the assignment of title
- For a used vessel registered in a non-title state
All the required documents can be either provided personally or sent by mail to one of the Maryland DNR Service Centers. The list of other documents depends on the particular situation. For example, if it is a new vessel, then, along with the Maryland boat bill of sale, you will also need to provide:
- DNR Form B-240
- Certificate of Origin
Where Can You Get a Bill of Sale?
The bill of sale must contain some important information about the parties of the deal and the property, including:
- The names of the parties
- Date of sale
- Signatures of the seller and the buyer
- Amount of sale
- Full vessel description (year, maker, HID, and current registration number).
There is a template of the bill of sale form provided by the Maryland DNR. It is available in printable PDF format, and you can download it before selling or buying a boat. It is also possible to find a different free template on the Internet, but you should make sure that it contains all the required fields that must be filled out for the registration of a vessel.
Download a Free Maryland Boat Bill of Sale Form
Download your fillable Maryland Boat Bill of Sale template in PDF or DOC format